If you’re beginning to shop for a charger, learn about the features to consider when choosing an EV charger and how an electrician can help. Once you have an idea of what you’re looking for, view our database of EV chargers eligible for rebates to find a model that meets your needs and our rebate criteria.
- Home EV charger rebate up to $350 availableIf you’ve recently purchased and installed an EV charger in your single-family home, you could be eligible for a rebate from the Government of B.C., administered by BC Hydro and FortisBC. The rebate offer is up to 50% of purchase and installation costs of eligible, new Level 2 charging equipment, to a maximum of $350.Rebate amount examples:
- If your eligible costs were $700 or more, your maximum rebate amount is $350.
- If your eligible costs were $400, your maximum rebate amount is $200.Apply for a single-family home charger rebate
- Apartment/condo EV charging rebatesThere are two provincial rebate options available to help apartment and condo buildings support EV charging.There’s the EV Ready option, which is a set of three cohesive rebates for your project:
- Up to $3,000 for creating an EV Ready plan for your building
- Up to $600 per parking stall to installing the electrical infrastructure to implement your plan
- Up to $1,400 per charger for purchasing and installing the chargers to implement your plan.Or, there’s the option of the standalone EV charger rebate, where you can get up to $2,000 per charger.There are other factors that determine the rebate amounts you’re eligible for. Learn more about charging rebates for apartment/condo buildings.
- Workplace rebatesThere are also provincial incentives for the purchase and installation of eligible EV chargers at workplaces, up to a maximum of $2,000 per charger.Apply for the workplace charger rebate program